TIME MANAGEMENT FOR STUDENTS – succeeding in school and study
"Jamie gave an insightful, engaging and productive session on the importance of Time Management. Since this presentation, my students have reflected on the issue and have taken positive steps towards balancing and managing their forever increasing time commitments. It was so beneficial to have someone experienced with the corporate world presenting to my students. I am most keen to have Jamie return for further presentations."
Morry Hayman, Year 10 coordinator, The King David School
Managing time is one of the most important challenges for students as they enter their final years of school. Study, assignments and exams place enormous time pressures on students. The ability to meet the scholastic requirements, while leaving enough time for exercise and recreation, is vital for academic success and a healthy, happy mindset.
Time management for students presents a simple, four-stage model to help students manage their time effectively. Students are first shown how to differentiate between what they have control over and what they don’t, and how this impacts on their time. The four stages of time management are presented, revealing why time management issues arise, and what needs to be done to avoid them. Finally, students are given a weekly framework which will allow them to allocate their time efficiently and effectively.
Time management for students focuses on the following key areas:
- Why time management issues arise.
- Time allocation - am I getting the most out of my time?
- The four stages of time management.
- Quadrant 2 – getting important things done BEFORE they become urgent.
- The weekly schedule for managing time, and saving time.
Benefits of the program
- A greater sense of control over their lives.
- An understanding of how and why time management issues arise.
- A tool to be able to more effectively allocate their time.
- Increased confidence in their ability to cope with their schooling and with life.
- Decreased levels of stress and anxiety.
- A healthy balance between study and recreation.
- The capacity to increase their grades.
Time management for students can be delivered as a larger group presentation or smaller group workshop. There is flexibility to run it as a 45 minute presentation, or a longer workshop, depending on the requirements of the school. Please contact us to discuss your school’s specific needs.